Packed and Ready to Stay
This Sunday, Tom Sherman brings us the latest of our short video talks. Once you have watched the video, we encourage you to reflect on the bible text and join us in the prayer that follows below.
To listen to the talk click here.
Philippians 4, verses 10 to 14
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.
Prayer & Reflection
Lord, thank you so much that You are with us in every situation. No matter
how far or how distanced we feel from You, You are there right next to us. I thank you that You are calling us closer And I pray as we go out this week, that we discover that more and more. We find You in the day-to-day, that we find You in the small moments of silence and we grow closer to you Lord.
Because that is what we are made to be, that is our purpose.
Questions to Consider
1. Ask yourself how this lockdown has genuinely made you feel and how content you are with where you’re at.
2. How much time have you been intentionally spending with God during quarantine?
3. What can you do to spend more time in His presence? It can be as small or as big as you feel ready to.
4. What is holding you back from spending time with God?
5. How much time do you spend in the silence, not falling back on the distractions of daily life we often surround ourselves with?