Temple: Part 2 – Can you be Specific?
This Sunday, Simon Lace brings us the talk in the latest of our EBC services. We encourage you to reflect on the bible text and join us in the prayer that follows below.
The talk will be available clicking here from 10am on Sunday 23rd January
Once you have listened, here are some questions to consider:
1 Corinthians chapter 9 verses 26 to 27
So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
Prayer & Reflection
Heavenly Father, we are sorry for when we have run away from you instead of towards you.
Help us to be disciplined, so that the way we treat ourselves, body and soul, properly reflects our rightful purposes of love for you and for other people.
Please cleanse and heal us O God, make us ready for you even as we invite you to have total occupation of us and Lordship over us, body, mind and spirit.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Questions to Consider
1) How are you doing in your physical activity, nourishment and rest? What might you do differently in order to move from A to B (where you are to where you want to be)?
2) Spiritually, ask yourself the same question!
3) What specifically will you work on in any of the three “pillars” of health – physically and spiritually? What will you add in, or take away? Make a list!
4) Who is there that you could talk to about this, who would hold you accountable?
5) When will you pray about this – have you thought about doing so right now?
6) Reflect again on your purpose in life. Write down some thoughts and pray about it – what would “success” look like for you, if you worked really well towards your purpose?
7) Take a walk outdoors for ten minutes after each meal, every day. Use the time to pray and chat to God. Try this and notice how it makes you feel.