Battleship Part 5 – Values
This Sunday, Tom Sherman brings us the latest of our short video talks. Once you have watched the video, we encourage you to reflect on the bible text and join us in the prayer that follows below.
To listen to the talk click here.
Acts 2:42-47 (The Message)
They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers.
Everyone around was in awe—all those wonders and signs done through the apostles! And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding everything in common. They sold whatever they owned and pooled their resources so that each person’s need was met.
They followed a daily discipline of worship in the Temple followed by meals at home, every meal a celebration, exuberant and joyful, as they praised God. People in general liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved.
Prayer & Reflection
I thank You, that You are our Liberator, that You break every chain that surrounds us. I thank You that You give us a place here at church that is free and is open and provides us with a space that we can truly be ourselves.
I pray that we find that God-given strength, if we are struggling, to reach out to someone, to talk to anyone. I also pray that if we are being reached out to, that if
people are talking to us, that we know that You are helping them through us.
Thank You Lord that You are with us, You are for us in everything we do.
Questions to Consider
1. Who would you consider a part of your community at EBC?
2. When was the last time you genuinely answered truthfully when someone asked how you were?
3. Have you started snapping at people? Have you tried talking to them honestly about how you are feeling?
4. When was the last time you sacrificed something, whether that be time, money or pride, for someone else in the church out of your own initiative?
5. Who can you reach out to and ask how they’re doing? It’s not enough to just think of their name though, actually message them!