Come to the Table: Part 1 - Total Gospel
This Sunday, Tom Sherman brings us the talk in the latest of our EBC Online services. Once you have watched the video, we encourage you to reflect on the bible text and join us in the prayer that follows below.
To listen to the talk click here.
Luke chapter 14 verses 1 - 6
Jesus at a Pharisee’s house
One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched. There in front of him was a man suffering from abnormal swelling of his body. Jesus asked the Pharisees and experts in the law, ‘Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?’ But they remained silent. So taking hold of the man, he healed him and sent him on his way.
Then he asked them, ‘If one of you has a child or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull it out?’ And they had nothing to say.
Prayer & Reflection
Lord, thank You for Your roaring heart. Thank You that You can ignite those sparks within us that allow us to burn with passion for You and spread Your joy and Your love to those around us.
Give us the strength and the confidence in this year, in these coming weeks, to spread Your message and Your love.
Questions to Consider
1. Are you living a Fireplace Faith, restricting God to only a part of your life?
2. What gifts can you fan the embers of? How are you going to pursue them?
3. What is holding you back from a Total Gospel lifestyle?
4. Think of ways you can spread this Total Gospel message to others. How can you open up to friends/family online or within your work/residential bubble?
5. What would our church look like if we all lived Total Gospel lives?